To 10, or not to 10?
Still receiving quite a bit of calls concerned about Windows 10...
Please read the below article we ran a few months ago. We hope you find it helpful.
RUSH TIPS/ Windows 10 Talk
We receive calls and emails daily asking if Rakefet can run on Windows 10. Yes, Rakefet can run on Windows 10, but most important is if your computer can run Windows 10!
Before upgrading to Windows 10, please check that your PC or laptop is compatible for the upgrade.
Some basic (yet minimum) requirements to check before upgrading are:
- Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1
- 1GHz processor or faster
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit or 2 GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16 GB hard drive space for 32-bit or 20 GB for 64-bit
- DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 graphics card
- 1024×600 display
To check for a more definitive answer if your current computer can handle Windows 10, you need to run the Get Windows 10 app. This is the little Windows flag like icon that some of you may be seeing in your System Tray pushing you to upgrade to Windows 10. This upgrade is free till July 29th, 2016. Now that you have checked if your machine is ready, begin to make some preparations.
Some prep I recommend:
- Before upgrading, make sure you have a backup of all your files to a removable drive. ALL your files.
- Before upgrading, make sure you have the most current version OS (Operating System) of whatever version of Windows you use.
- Before upgrading, establish a Microsoft account.
If you have other concerns or doubts, always consult your nearest IT professional BEFORE upgrading.